Joint collaboration between Global Future Council on Mobility (GFC on Mobility), Global New Mobility Coalition (GNMC), and Inclusivity Quotient:
COVID19 is a stress test to the resiliency, sustainability, and inclusivity of global transportation networks and infrastructure. Gaps and deficiencies across urban and suburban mobility systems have been illuminated to the general public who recognize, through this new lived experience, the need to change how people and goods move. This multi-stakeholder task force will co-generate actionable best practices to advance a sustainable and equitable “new mobility normal”.
This initiative, is part of the World Economic Forum’s Platform for Shaping the Future of Mobility in collaboration with the Forum’s COVID Action Platform, and is designed to harness the experiences of 150+ members and partners in the wake of COVID-19 into collaborative action that will place our mobility systems on path to a sustainable, equitable, seamless, and resilient mobility future.
Over the coming months, the multi-stakeholder task force will share learnings and best practices over a series of virtual thematic round tables. Insights from round tables will be compiled as shareable best practices and policy proposals. Potential outputs include: Create a centralized, digital space for the sharing of effective actions; Build rapid response communication network between mobility providers and key local officials; Forge stronger public-private partnership capable of serving a seamless, environmentally, equitable and financially viable multi-modal mobility ecosystem.
Proposed Action and Output:
- Create a centralized, digital space for the sharing of effective actions
- Co-design prototype policies and protocols for a seamless, environmentally, equitable and financially viable multi-modal mobility ecosystem.
- Forge stronger public-private partnership capable of implementing these prototypes.
- Campaign for safe, equitable, sustainable mobility ecosystems.
- Build rapid response communication network between mobility providers and key local officials for times of crisis.